April 23, 2010 in Uncategorized
If you are a Commerce or GSBE student you may apply, or nominate a friend, to receive a scholarship that recognises leadership, and contribution to the community.
Each year, members of the Faculty’s alumni community make donations to support scholarships for current students. It is in this spirit of making a difference that we are pleased to offer the University of Melbourne Commerce Alumni Society (UMCAS) Scholarships to deserving students.
Please note the following guidelines:
1. Up to three Commerce Alumni Leadership Awards are available in 2010, each valued at $2000.
2. Any student undertaking the Bachelor of Commerce or a coursework program in the Graduate School of Business & Economics in 2010 is eligible. Candidates may apply directly, or be nominated by a classmate.
3. Selection is based on demonstrated community involvement and leadership potential. You must also have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 65% or above.
4. A scholarship shall be awarded by the Faculty of Business & Economics on recommendation from the selection panel. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview.
5. The tenure of a scholarship is for one year, is conditional on a recipient maintaining a GPA of 65%, and is payable in two instalments (May and October 2010).
6. Up to three awards are available in 2010. Should there be no suitable candidates an award need not be made.
7. Recipient(s) are expected to take part in reasonable promotional activities surrounding the scholarships and the University of Melbourne Commerce Alumni Society.
Applications and nominations are now invited for candidates who meet the above criteria. Your scholarship application must include a cover letter outlining why you meet the criteria of demonstrating community involvement and leadership potential, a current resume and official academic record.
Nominations must include a completed nomination form and a statement about the student’s leadership and community experience. Please email your completed application:
Scholarships & Fundraising Officer
Faculty of Business & Economics
Further information, including nomination form, is available at www.fbe.unimelb.edu.au/students/scholarships
Source: Faculty of Business and Economics.