Notice to all students or graduates who will be undertaking postgraduate studies at an overseas university or research institution.
Available through the generosity of Mrs Marjorie Prest, and funded by the Wilfred Prest Fund, the Wilfred Prest Travelling Fellowship is available annually according to the following terms:
1. The Fellowship is valued at $11,100 in 2012/2013.
2. The Fellowship is open to students or graduates of the University of Melbourne who will be undertaking postgraduate studies in the field of Economics at an overseas university or research institution within the period between July 2012 and June 2013.
3. Applicants must be completing a degree specialising in Economics at the University in 2012 (Bachelor, Honours, Master or PhD), or be an Economics graduate of the University.
4. The applicant can be of no more than 27 years of age at the time of award.
5. The tenure of the scholarship is for one year, and is payable in two instalments upon confirmation of acceptance and enrolment at the nominated overseas institution.
6. An extension of the Fellowship may be granted for a further term of one year, on the recommendation of the selection committee.
7. The Fellowship may be held concurrently with another award.
Applications are invited from students or graduates who meet the above criteria.
Those interested should submit an online application, including cover letter summarising intended overseas studies, resume, academic reference (outlining the potential to undertake the graduate program the candidate has applied for), student number and academic transcript at:
Applications close Friday 31 August, 2012