ECON10002 Seminar in Economics and Commerce:
This subject is ECON10002 Seminar: Classical Political Economy and Classical Liberalism and will be taken by Dr Robert Dixon from the Department of Economics. The subject is especially designed for students interested in the history of economic thought – and especially in the ideas of Adam Smith and other classical writers – and in political economy, law and politics.
See the Handbook and lecture outline for further information: http://www.csc.unimelb.edu.au/experience/academic/seminar.html
ECON10002 Seminar in Economics and Commerce A is available to high achieving students who have:
- Completed no more than one semester of study at the University of Melbourne and a total of no more than 50 level-1 points;
- Completed ECON10004 Introductory Microeconomics AND enrol in ECON10003 Introductory Macroeconomics in Semester 2, 2012;
- Students who have achieved an average of 75% or above can apply;
- Students will be guaranteed entry if at least an 80% average has been achieved AND the application is received by the specified deadline of Monday 16 July
- Additional places may be offered to students with an average of 75-79%, depending on demand.
This subject is a quota based subject, an application form must be completed for enrolment.