Closing Friday 8 March. Visit http://www.murrupbarak.unimelb.edu.au/ to find out more.
To encourage participation in the European Study Tour the Institute of Chartered Accountants is pleased to sponsor a bursary for Bachelor of Commerce students.
- The Bursary is valued at $3,000,
- Payable as a bursary to cover the expenses entailed in the European study tour offered in the
- The Bursary is open to students undertaking their second or third year of a New Generation Bachelor of Commerce degree in 2012
- The student must participate in the annual European study tour offered in the International Accounting Study Program.
- Based on academic merit (75% GPA in first year of study),
- Preference will be given to students on Melbourne Access Scholarships or National Equity Scholarships or any student who qualifies for Financial Hardship support in that year.
Applications open until Wednesday 5 September 2012
Students should submit an online application including an academic record (available from the student portal) and evidence of applicable scholarships and/or of qualifying for Financial Hardship.
Applicants will be notified by email.
No deferral is allowed.
For more information please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are now open for the Commerce Alumni Leadership Scholarship
eligibility, guidelines & criteria:
1. Up to two Commerce Alumni Leadership Awards are available in 2012, each valued at $3,000.
2. Any student undertaking the Bachelor of Commerce or a coursework program in the Graduate School of Business & Economics in 2012 is eligible. Candidates may apply directly, or be nominated by a classmate.
3. Selection is based on demonstrated community involvement and leadership potential. You must also have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 65% or above.
4. Scholarships shall be awarded by the Faculty of Business & Economics on recommendation from the selection panel. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview.
5. The tenure of a scholarship is for one year, is conditional on a recipient maintaining a GPA of 65%, and is payable in two installments.
6. Up to two awards are available in 2012. Should there be no suitable candidates an award need not be made.
7. Recipient(s) are expected to take part in reasonable promotional activities surrounding the scholarships and in Business and Economics alumni activities.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining why you meet the criteria of demonstrating community involvement and leadership potential, CV and official academic record. Nominations must include a completed nomination form and a statement about the student’s leadership and community experience.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 2 SEPTEMBER 2012
Do you aspire to postgraduate study atOxfordUniversity? If you have achieved an outstanding Honours Degree, enjoy success in sports, involvement in community activities, have a desire to lead and further develop your talents – then you have the qualities of a Rhodes Scholar.
Successful candidates receive assistance with their travelling expenses to theUnited Kingdomand a personal allowance, or stipend, fixed by the Rhodes Trust. The stipend for 2013/14 will be no less than £1,043 per month. In addition, all fees are paid directly by the Trust.
For information on how to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship Email: email@example.com
please browse Rhodes websites at:
Applications close: 5pm Monday 3 September 2012
To encourage excellence amongst BCom students, Deutsche Bank sponsors an annual scholarship for full time Bachelor of Commerce students according to the following terms:
1. The scholarship is valued at $6000.
2. The scholarship is open to full time Bachelor of Commerce students undertaking their penultimate year of study. Combined degree students are also eligible but must be in their penultimate year of the degree (the Commerce component may already be completed).
3. The scholarship is for a tenure of one year, is conditional on full time enrolment in the Bachelor of Commerce (or combined degree), and is payable in two instalments: one upon award of the scholarship and the other in the final year of study.
4. The scholarship shall be awarded by the Faculty of Business and Economics, on recommendation of the Dean, after consultation with Deutsche Bank. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
5. Selection is based primarily on the basis of academic merit however the committee will take into account extra curricular activities, interpersonal skills and qualities which offer evidence that applicants have a genuine interest in the investment banking industry.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW INVITED FROM STUDENTS WHO MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA
Interested students should submit an online application (including cover letter, resume and academic transcript) at:
APPLICATION DEADLINE 22 JULY 2012
Don’t forget to also apply for the
Analyst Internship Program:
Notice to all final year students intending to undertake Bachelor of Commerce (Degree with Honours) in Finance
To encourage excellence among Commerce students, Flagstaff Partners is pleased to sponsor an annual scholarship for Bachelor of Commerce (Degree with Honours) students, according to the following terms:
1. The scholarship is valued at $10,000.
2. The scholarship is open to students who are currently majoring in Finance and intend on undertaking Honours studies in Finance in 2013.
3. The tenure of the scholarship is for one year, and is conditional upon enrolment in the Bachelor of Commerce (Degree with Honours) in Finance, and is payable in two instalments (May and October 2013 conditional upon continued satisfactory academic performance).
4. The scholarship shall be awarded by the Faculty of Business and Economics, on the recommendation of the Dean (or nominee) after consultation with a Flagstaff Partners representative. All short-listed applicants will be required to attend an interview on the 12th or 13th of July 2012.
5. Selection is based on academic merit, extra-curricular activities, demonstrated interest in corporate finance, strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
6. The scholarship may not be awarded to a student who is currently in receipt of another industry-sponsored scholarship. Applicants must be an Australian citizen or hold Australian permanent residency.
7. The successful candidate may be offered a paid summer internship with Flagstaff Partners prior to undertaking Honours studies.
Applications are invited from students who commence the Bachelor of Commerce (Degree with Honours) in Finance in 2013 and who meet the above criteria.
Interested students should submit an online application, including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a résumé, a student number and an academic record (available from the student portal) at:
Applications close now on 29th JULY 2012
September 29, 2011 in Grants and Scholarships
Notice to all intending final year and penultimate year Economics students!
The University and Ormond College offer annually a memorial scholarship for a fourth year Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) or Bachelor of Arts (Hons) student, or a final year student in Economics. Generously donated by the Hocking family, this prestigious scholarship recognizes and supports outstanding talent at the Faculty of Business & Economics.