Established in 1924 the Faculty of Business and Economics is Australia’s leading business and economics school according to an independent global ranking and is recognised as one of the world’s leading centres of teaching and research in accounting, actuarial studies, economics, finance, management and marketing.
The Faculty is also home to the Melbourne Institute, Australia’s leading and longest standing research institute in the field of economics.
The Faculty regularly releases research from each of its departments and the Melbourne Institute and it has an extensive number of expert academics who can comment on a wide variety of subjects and topics including but not limited to
- Innovation in the Australian economy
- Interest rates and monetary policy
- Childcare, education and social economic policy
- Job losses and labour market structures
- Branding, marketing and advertising
- Social media
- Corporate ethics and financial regulation
- Petrol prices and the dynamics of petrol price markets
- China and Australia’s economic role in the ‘Asian century’
Contact the Media Officers of the Faculty who can assist in finding an academic expert or use the Who’s Who Database to search by research interest.
The Faculty has a number of public lectures every year which feature leading international and national speakers in the fields of business and economics.
Please also note that the University of Melbourne has a working television studio for networks to undertake live and prerecord interviews for broadcast.
Senior Media Officer for the Faculty which includes the Melbourne Institute
T: 03 9035 9832
M: 0432 213 616
Tel: +61 3 8344 3845
Mob: 0402 351 412